In this article:
How to Pair Tyro with Abacus
Go to Settings
Go to the Payment tab
Turn on Custom Payment Providers
Select Tyro Payments
Select your Tyro Terminal type
Follow the on-screen prompts
Note: You will need connection to the internet.
How to Switch Between Standalone and Integrated Modes
To change the Tyro Integration Method on a Yomani XR or Yoximo model:
Press the Menu key
Select Configuration (Enter Admin Password)
Select Integrated Eftpos
Select Select Integration Mode
The options for Standalone and Integrated will be displayed here. Highlight the desired option and press the green OK button
To change the Integration Method on Xenta or Xentissimo Model:
Press the Menu key
Select Integrated Eftpos;
Select Integration Mode
Options for Standalone and Integrated will be displayed. Highlight the desired option and press the green OK button
Note: The Beta Yomani Models (without a printer attached) do not have this feature as they are only able to be on the 'Integrated' method.
How to Set Up Surcharges
You must only set up surcharges in one place, either within Tyro or within Abacus.
To set up surcharges within Abacus, follow these instructions.
If you are having issues with Tyro integrating with Abacus, reboot Tyro, unpair the terminal, then re-pair it.
Hold down the Yellow "Corr" key until "Reboot Now" is displayed on the screen
Release the key and allow the Reboot to complete
The terminal will take around 1-2 minute(s) to complete a reboot
On the Tyro, press menu
Go to 5 - Configuration
Enter in your store manager PIN
Go into Integrated EFTPOS
Go to 3 - Clear Pairings
Select YES to confirm you want to clear the pairing
Go to Pair with POS on Tyro
Go to Settings > Payment on Abacus POS
Tap TYRO (under Custom Payments)
Select your terminal type and follow the prompts
On Abacus POS, enter in the MID and terminal ID that is displaying on the Tyro screen then press Authorize (on Abacus) then press Start (on Tyro).
Available in Abacus POS version 2.8.16 and later.
To set up Tyro Pay@Table, you will need to speak with one of our friendly support technicians. They will need to change your Master IP address to be compatible with Tyro Pay@Table, and push settings to your Pay@Table terminal.
Note: Do not attempt to change network settings by yourself, this can have adverse effects on your connection. Speak with a support technician to set up Tyro Pay@Table with Abacus 😃
How to use
(Reference: How does Pay@Table work?, Tyro)
On Abacus POS, print out the bill and bring it to your table
2. Enter your Staff PIN, this is your Operator ID on Tyro
3. Enter the number of the table you are serving.
4. The order amount will display. Select whether you want to split the bill or pay it in full. If you split a bill, you can still pay with other forms of payment at the POS, however you will only be able to split the bill by dollar amounts instead of specific items.
5. Enter the payment amount then press OK
6. Select whether or not a tip will be provided.
7. Enter the tip amount. Tips are recorded on Abacus.
8. Pay by card
9. You will be prompted to print a receipt
10. You can either continue to pay the order, or hold the partially paid order.
11. If you hold the partially paid order, you can pay the remainder of it on Abacus POS
12. You can further split the payment (by Portion) on the POS.
You should have a separate Tyro terminal (not Pay@Table) stationed at the POS so it can take card payments from here.
Refunds can be made via the POS via the Order History.
In Abacus POS 2.8.100 and later, any refunds will also include tips that were placed in Tyro.