This article will show you how to create a note to add to an order using the example of 'mains away'.
Key words: mains away, fire mains, time stamp, note.
What is 'mains away'?
In fine dining services, it is necessary to notify the kitchen that your guests have finished their entrées and are ready for their mains. This is to call mains away, or to 'fire mains'.
Sending a note to the kitchen
For you to call mains away, or add another note to an order, you will need to create a Note on the POS Menu.
To do so, follow these steps:
Go to Menus and click the POS menu tab. Click the pencil icon on the menu you would like to view.
2. Create a Note tab. To do so, click the Add Tab button. If you already have a Note tab, you can skip steps 2 and 3.
3. Under Group, enter the group name 'Note' and then click the Save button.
4. In the Note tab, click Add Item.
5. Under Note, enter the Note you would like to send to the kitchen and the Print Locations. Then, click the Save button.
6. Click the Publish button.
7. Once the menu has been published, you can add the note to an order on your POS the same way you would add your menu items.