NOTE: This is a beta feature that is only available on Abacus POS version New Feature #10. Please contact Abacus to acquire this version.
You can create a meal deal by creating a price trigger based on tags.
Please note that this method takes more time to set up than a price trigger based on categories, but it offers more precision as to which products can make up the meal deal.
Meal Deal (based on tags)
Create a price trigger based on tags, so when your customers order products with specific tags, they get a discount.
eg. "Save $5 on your total order when you buy a coffee, sandwich, and cupcake!* Selected products only."
1. Go to Products > Product Tags
2. Click Add New Item
3. Enter the Product Tag name. For example, if you are making a 3-part combo comprised of a pizza, garlic bread, and cola, you can start with a product tag named "Combo - cola".
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all the tags you want to make.
Now that you have created the tags, you need to attach them to your products.
5. Go to Products > Products.
6. Find the first product that you want to attach a combo tag to. Click the pencil button to go to its details page.
7. Scroll down to Product Tags and enter the name of the tag you created; it should pop up as an option that you can select.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 for all the products that you want to add your tags to.
Make sure that each tag corresponds to the product it belongs to, eg. the pizzas have the pizza tag, the cola has the cola tag, the garlic bread has the garlic bread tag. You can make this tag more general, but please remember that the broader you make it, the more products you need to tag individually.
10. Go to Sales > Price Triggers
11. Click New Price Trigger
12. Enter the name of the price trigger
13. Click the pencil button to go to the Price Trigger Detailsl
14. Set the Run Type as Run Multiple
15. Under Tags, click Add New Record.
16. Select the first tag for the price trigger.
17. Repeat steps 15 and 16 for the other price tags you have created for the combo
18. Under Outcome, select how you want the price trigger to behave.
eg. a "discount value" of $5, or a "discount percentage" of 10%.
20. Perform a Master Sync on Abacus POS.