This is a beta feature that is only available on Abacus POS version New Feature #10. Please contact Abacus to acquire this version.
You can offer "buy one, get one half price" by creating a price trigger for the products that are part of the offer. When your customer orders two items, they will "trigger" a 50% discount on the second item, hence getting it at half price.
This feature is not just limited to "half price" deals; you can specify any percentage discount, e.g. 10%, 75%, etc.
Before you start
Make sure that the products (that are in your offer) share one of the following:
- The same tag
- The same category
This is how you will teach your trigger that the offer only applies to all items of the same category, or the same tag.
The overall procedure outlined here will be detailed below:
- Create a new Price Trigger
- Define the conditions for the Price Trigger
- Define the outcome for the Price Trigger
- Sync changes to Abacus POS
Create a new Price Trigger
- Go to Sales > Price Triggers
2. Click New Price Trigger
3. Enter the name of your price trigger, eg. buy one, get one half price
4. Click the pencil button to go to the Price Trigger Details
Define the conditions for the Price Trigger
- Set the Run Type to Run Multiple
- If you are using categories: under Categories, click Add New Record
- If you are using tags: under Tags, click Add New Record
3. Follow the instruction that pertains to you:
- If you are using categories: select the category of the product that you would like to be part of the deal
- If you are using tags: select the tag of the product that you would like to be part of the deal
4. Change the quantity to 2.
This means that when 2 products of your specified tag/category are selected, a price change will be triggered.
Define the outcome of your price trigger
- Under Outcome, select Discount Percent and set the percentage to 50%
2. On the right side of the window:
- If using categories: select From Categories
- If using tags: select From Tags
3. Next to Outcome Category, input 1. This means that only one of the products from will benefit from the 50% discount. The discount will always apply to the least expensive product, unless you tick "Most Expensive First".
Sync changes to Abacus POS
Perform a Master Sync on Abacus POS.