There are several methods you can use to create a meal deal, combo, or promotion.
This article will show you how to create a tag for a special range that triggers a discount when a certain number of products has been selected from it.
You would use tags instead of categories when your products are part of different categories, but should be part of that "special range".
eg. "Buy 3 items from our special range and save $5 instantly"
1. Go to Products > Product Tags
2. Click Add New Item
3. Enter the Product Tag name. eg. Special range
Now that you have created the tag, you need to attach it to your products.
4. Go to Products > Products.
5. Find the first product that you want to attach the tag to. Click the pencil button to go to its details page.
6. Scroll down to Product Tags and enter the name of the tag you created; it should pop up as an option that you can select.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all the products that you want to tag.
9. Go to Sales > Price Triggers
10. Click New Price Trigger
11. Enter the name of the price trigger. This will be the name that will appear under your order in the POS.
Note: If you have several Price Triggers, you can drag and drop them in order of their "priority", so if an order fulfils the conditions of more than one price trigger, the higher priority will take precedence.
12. Click the pencil button to go to the Price Trigger Details
13. Set the Run Type as Run Multiple
14. Under Product Tags, click Add New Record.
15. Select the tag you created earlier.
16. Change the quantity to what you want the minimum order number to be, in order to trigger the price change. eg. A quantity of 3 for the "specialty" tag means that the customer has to order 3 items from the specialty range before the discount applies.
17. Under Outcome, select how you want the price trigger to behave.
eg. a "discount value" of $5, or a "discount percentage" of 10%.
19. Perform a Master Sync on Abacus POS.
When you next create an order with 2 of the tagged products, it will apply your discount.