Company Groups are useful if:
- If you are a multi-site business or franchise
- You create Purchase Orders using Abacus
- The cost of your products differs between stores
For example: you have a chain of 20 cafes in Australia. 10 of these are in Victoria, 10 in New South Wales. They have exactly the same menu, but they have different costs based on state. You'll want to have a Company Group for each state, so you can group those cafes together. When your cafes are in groups, you can make the cost of each product depend on the Company Group. So, a coffee in your cafes in Victoria costs $1 to make, whereas a coffee in your cafes in New South Wales costs $2. Maybe there's a coffee bean shortage and the cows went on strike in New South Wales, who knows?
Note: This is the cost to your company, to pay the supplier. This is not the price that you set your customers.
By using a Company Group, you won't have to duplicate the entire menu just to change the cost.
Create Company Groups
- In your HQ account, go to https://app.abacus.co/Company/CompanyGroups
- Click Add Group
- Enter the name of your Company Group
- Repeat for all Company Groups
Set Company Groups
- Log into one of your Child sites that you want to add to a group. You should not add your HQ to a Company Group.
- Within your Child account, go to Configuration > Company Profile > Basic Info
- Under Company Group, select your desired company from the dropdown box
4. Repeat for all Child sites
Create a Group Pricing Spreadsheet
- Export your existing Products list as a .csv or .xlsx file, and open it
2. Create a new Excel spreadsheet with the header: Product Code, Product Name, Company Group, Cost, Is Taxable. Save it as a .csv or an .xlsx file. Let's call it "Group Pricing".
3. Copy the Product Codes and Product Names of your Products list and paste them into your Group Pricing list (first 2 columns).
This is for your first company group.
4. Enter the Company Group name.
5. Paste your Product Codes and Product Names under the data you've filled in here. This will be for your second company group. Enter the Company Name, too.
Repeat as many times as you need, depending on how many Company Groups you have.
6. (OPTIONAL) You can rearrange your data to make it easier to compare products. Select your data, then go to Data > Sort & Filter > Sort.
Tick "My data has headers" and Sort by Product Code from A to Z.
This will sort all your data by Product Code.
7. Fill in the price for each company group under Cost, and specify TRUE for taxable items, FALSE for non-taxable items (under Is Taxable). In this example, a cappuccino is $3.50 in the VIC Company Group, and $4 in the NSW Company Group.
Import Group Pricing Spreadsheet
- Log into your HQ account on app.abacus.co
- Go to POS Settings > Bulk Import
- Under Import, select Group Pricing and import the Group Pricing spreadsheet (.csv or .xlsx)
The cost of your products will now be different between your Company Groups!