The Abacus Razor app is designed so you can make orders on the ANZ BladePay™. This app can be used in two modes:
- Standalone mode - Razor functions as a complete Point of Sale
- Slave mode - Razor functions as a Waiter Pad, sending orders to your main Point of Sale
This article will show you how to set up the app in Slave Mode.
What you need
- ANZ BladePay™ device
- FastPay Merchant ID and Username (from ANZ)
- Wi-Fi details
- Your mobile phone
- Press the “Let’s get started” button.
2. Change the time/date/Time Zone if required and press Next.
3. Toggle on Wifi, select your Abacus POS network, then press Next.
4. The ANZ BladePay™ device will prompt you to set up ANZ FastPay® Next Generation.
Enter your Merchant ID and Username and press the Log In button.
5. A One-Time Passcode will be sent to the mobile phone number associated with the ANZ BladePay™ merchant facility.
Enter the 8 digit code into the One Time Passcode field and press Log In.
6. A screen outlining how to create the 4 digit PIN to comply with ANZ standards will be presented.
The 4 digit PIN created during this process will be used for all subsequent logins by this user.
The username and PIN can be used to set up other devices that are associated to the Merchant facility without having to set up additional users or generate another One-Time Passcode.
Press OK to confirm you have understood the PIN requirements.
7. Create a PIN.
8. Confirm the PIN.
9. Re-enter the PIN to log in to the ANZ BladePay™ device.
10. Press Link App Suite.
11. Enter in the Razor App Suite code provided by Abacus
Razor is only compatible with Abacus POS beta
Enter the App Suite Name "Abacus", then Continue
12. Your Abacus application will now download to the ANZ BladePay™ device. Once the download is complete, the app button will appear. Click on it to start the next part of the setup process.
Authenticate merchant identity
- Enter your Abacus username and password and press Login.
2. The information will synchronise upon successful login.
3. You will be prompted to authenticate your identity with ANZ FastPay. Enter your ANZ FastPay Merchant ID and Merchant Username then press Authenticate.
4. Enter your PIN created earlier.
Select a printer
Whatever you have set up for your printing in the Master POS will continue for your Razor orders, e.g. your coffee dockets will still go to the drinks printer, and your sandwich dockets will still go to your kitchen printer. Likewise, your receipts will print out at whatever printer location you have set up as the POS counter.
However, in order to establish the printing connection between the Razor and Abacus POS, you will need to select a printer location. This can be the same as your POS counter printer, or it can be another printer. This is where a second Razor receipt would print if you press "Print receipt" when finishing a transaction.
Even if you don't plan on printing a second receipt, you need to select a location so your Razor can communicate with the POS printers.
- Razor will show all printers detected on the network. Toggle the switch next to your desired printer.
To ensure that you are connected to the right printer, press Test print. A test print notice will be printed out from the selected printer.
2. When you have the right printer selected, press Next.
3. Depending on your setup, you will need to log in either by using a PIN or by selecting a user from the users page.
Enable Slave Mode
- Select your user through the screen above (or via PIN)
2. Enter the opening amount of cash in the register and press OPEN
3. Press the Hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) to expand the navigation menu and press Settings
4. Under General, toggle on Enable Slave Mode.
Connect to Abacus POS
- Go to Connection
This screen shows you the Razor's connection status. At this point, it won't be connected to Abacus POS.
2. Log into your Abacus POS iPad. Make sure you're on the Master.
Go to Settings > Connection and press Enable ANZ BladePay.
A QR Code will appear.
3. On Razor, press Scan to Connect.
4. Scan the QR code from your Master POS
5. A tick will appear next to Abacus POS online? when the devices are connected.