The Abacus Razor app is designed so you can make orders on the ANZ BladePay™. This app can be used in two modes:
- Standalone mode - Razor functions as a complete Point of Sale
- Slave mode - Razor functions as a Waiter Pad, sending orders to your main Point of Sale
This article will show you how to set up the app in Standalone Mode, as a Point of Sale.
What you need
- ANZ BladePay™ device
- FastPay Merchant ID and Username (from ANZ)
- Wi-Fi details
- Your mobile phone
- Press the “Let’s get started” button.
2. Change the time/date/Time Zone if required and press Next.
3. Toggle on Wifi, select your Abacus POS network, then press Next.
A Wifi connection is only necessary for Razor if you intend to send dockets to printers via the network. Otherwise, you can use the in-built mobile data.
4. The ANZ BladePay™ device will prompt you to set up ANZ FastPay® Next Generation.
Enter your Merchant ID and Username and press the Log In button.
5. A One-Time Passcode will be sent to the mobile phone number associated with the ANZ BladePay™ merchant facility.
Enter the 8 digit code into the One Time Passcode field and press Log In.
6. A screen outlining how to create the 4 digit PIN to comply with ANZ standards will be presented.
The 4 digit PIN created during this process will be used for all subsequent logins by this user.
The username and PIN can be used to set up other devices that are associated to the Merchant facility without having to set up additional users or generate another One-Time Passcode.
Press OK to confirm you have understood the PIN requirements.
7. Create a PIN.
8. Confirm the PIN.
9. Re-enter the PIN to log in to the ANZ BladePay™ device.
10. Press Link App Suite.
11. Enter in the Razor App Suite code provided by Abacus
Enter the App Suite Name "Abacus", then Continue.
12. Your Abacus application will now download to the ANZ BladePay™ device. Once the download is complete, the app button will appear. Tap on it to start the next part of the setup process.
Authenticate merchant identity
- Enter your Abacus username and password and press Login.
The information will synchronise upon successful login.
2. You will be prompted to authenticate your identity with ANZ FastPay. Enter your ANZ FastPay Merchant ID and Merchant Username then press Authenticate.
3. Enter your PIN created earlier.
Select a printer
You will be prompted to select the printer location that your Razor will send orders to.
Razor can only send order dockets and receipts to one printer location. If you have more than one Printer Location, you'll need to use Razor in Slave Mode so a Master POS iPad can print to all printer locations.
- Razor will show all printers detected on the network. Toggle the switch next to your desired printer.
To ensure that you are connected to the right printer, press TEST PRINT. A test print notice will be printed out from the selected printer.
2. When you have the right printer selected, press Next.
3. Depending on your setup, you will need to log in either by using a PIN or by selecting a user from the users page.
4. Enter the opening amount of cash in the register and press OPEN
You're ready for business!