In this article:
- Before you start
- Online Ordering Menu
- Store Information
- Customer Loyalty
- Customise app settings
- Testing the app
- Disable online ordering
About the Customer Mobile App
Abacus offers customised mobile apps for businesses to allow their customers to view their loyalty points, and place orders that get sent directly to your POS.
Here is what is in the app!
- Your Points: See how many points you have earned
- Online Ordering: Place an order directly from your phone
- Order Tracking: Follow the progress of your order
- Order History: View and re-order your previous orders
- Store Locator: Find a store near you
- Social Networks: Access the business's social network pages
- Sign In/Settings: If no user is signed in, it will say "Sign in". If a user is signed in, it will say "Settings". Users can then update their details or log out via "Settings".
If customers press any of these buttons, they will be prompted to sign in. Customers can browse the menu via Online Ordering without signing in, but will be prompted to sign in to proceed with an order.
Before you start
The first step to setting up your online store is to fill out online forms to provide Abacus your app such as your logo and your store address. Ensure you have filled out the forms for your:
- Mobile Ordering Application
- Abacus Pay Registration
You will also need to have a HQ account in order to host an online store. If you don't have this already, Abacus will set this up for you.
Online Ordering Menu
A menu for Online Ordering (smartphone app and web feature) must be created straight from an existing POS Menu.
Unlike the POS Menu, the Online Ordering Menu cannot have groups, notes, or second level product variants (product variants of product variants). If your current menu has these features, you will need to create a new POS Menu for the Online Ordering Menu without these features.
Create an Online Ordering Menu
There are two possible layouts. You will select a layout type when you fill out your forms with Abacus.
Tabs at the top of the screen
Press the arrows to expand and collapse sections of the menu.
Tabs at the side of the screen
Press a section to scroll down to that section
Create a Menu
Menus are managed individually in each site (excluding HQ).
If you want to make changes to your POS Menu:
- Go to Online Ordering > Menu
2. Click on a tab under Menu List to see its contained items. You can:
- Rename tabs
- Rename items
- Reprice items
- Add items (Add > Search Product)
- Add tabs (Add)
- Remove items (×)
- Remove tabs (×)
3. Click and drag any product or tab to rearrange it in its list.
4 When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.
The mobile app will automatically load the updated menu when its store is selected, given there is connection to the internet.
You need to log into each store’s backend (not HQ) to change its address, opening hours, or photo.
Go to Configuration > Company Profile > Contact > Primary > Address
Go to POS > iPad Menu > Online Ordering Menu > Operating Hours (or Configuration > Company Profile > Open Hours) to set and Update your opening hours.
Go to POS > iPad Menu > Online Ordering Menu > Design (or Company Profile > Photos > Company Profile Image)
Recommended dimensions for store photos:
You can specify by postcode the regions where you can actually deliver.
When a customer signs up, they will be registered in your business's backend under Customers. They can sign up using:
Any orders made by them and any points earned via the app will be tied to their name.
Your points program is completely configured in the Loyalty Marketing Module on the backend.
Terms & Conditions
Go to Configuration > Company Profile > Online Store in your HQ account to change your Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions that are displayed in the app.
- Short description: appears under the Refresh button
- Long description: appears on a separate Terms & Conditions page that is accessed via the Terms & Conditions button
"Your Points" screen
If you have a customer mobile app from Abacus, your customers can see how many points they have earned in your loyalty program.
This page displays a QR code to identify your customer.
This can be scanned on the Customer-Facing Display or on the POS, to attach a customer to an order. This is how they earn points in-store.
NOTE: Points can only be redeemed for orders made in-store, not via the app. Points can be earned in-store and via the app, but may take up to 24 hours to appear in the app.
Depending on how your loyalty system has been set up, your customers' points will be displayed as either:
- A total point count: as customers earn points, the point count will increase.
- Stamps: as the customer earns stamps, they will be lit up on the screen.
When the customer has earned enough stamps/points, they will be able to redeem a product or a discount (depending on your loyalty system) by scanning their QR code as above. Once redemption takes place, the stamps/points will be reset to 0.
It may take up to 24 hours for changes to appear on the app, but you can try refreshing by pressing the Refresh button.
Customise App Settings
Go to Online Ordering > Configuration to make changes to suit your operational workflow.
- To delay docket printing: Set the Order Preparation Time (minutes) for the length of time it will take to prepare a meal; the docket won't print until x minutes before the pickup time. This can also be set on the POS (Online Orders > Preparation Time)
- To auto-accept orders: Enable Setting A10. Auto Confirm Online Orders (on the POS) to automatically accept every order that comes in
- Min. Order Price: Set a minimum order amount that is required of customers to place an order online
- Delivery Fee: Add a delivery fee to be added to the total order when customers choose "Delivery"
- App Name (HQ account): This is the name of your customer app as it will appear on customers' smartphones.
Testing the app
You can put payments in "Sandbox" mode on the backend:
- Select Sandbox when testing the app, to prevent actual payments from occurring. Please note that the order will still go through.
- Select Production when you're ready for customers to actually use the app.
Disable online ordering
- On the POS, press Close Store to temporarily disable online ordering. Customers will be able to view your menu, but not put through an order
- To temporarily disable online ordering, untick Is In Operation (Configuration > Company Profile > Online Store for your current site). Users can still get directions and browse your menu
- To completely hide a store from the app, untick Active Online Store (Configuration > Company Profile > Online Store for your current site)