If you're having connection issues between your Master and Slave iPads (waiter pads or other points of sale), check the following are correct. You will know that devices are connected if they are all showing under the Server list of the Master, with a green network signal.
Confirm auto-lock is off
- Go to the iPad Settings > General > Display & Brightness
- Ensure that Auto-Lock is set to Never
- Go back into the Abacus application
Confirm Abacus is open
- Look at your Master POS. Abacus must be currently loaded onto the screen.
- If your iPad is open on another screen, close that one and re-open Abacus.
If Abacus POS is ever not open on your Master iPad (e.g. if you're on a webpage or checking email instead), none of your other iPads will be able to connect to it.
Confirm Master and Slave are on the same network
- Go to your Wi-Fi Settings
- Ensure that you are connected to the network with the name Abacus in it. Use the 5G network unless advised otherwise.
- Repeat on every other iPad
Confirm server modes
- On the Master, go to Settings > Connection
- Under Server Mode, ensure that Master is selected
3. On the Slave, go to Settings > Connection
4. Under Server Mode, ensure that Slave is selected
Confirm device address
- Look under DEVICE ADDRESS. It must have a number.
- If there is no number, press RESTART SERVER
3. Confirm the device address is 192.168.9.xxx, where xxx may be any number.
4. Repeat for every iPad. The device address must be 192.168.9.xxx, where xxx is a different number for every device.
Reconnect all devices
- Go to the Slave and delete everything under the Server List
2. Go to the Master and delete everything under the Client List
3. Look at your Master's device address, and copy that into the grey box on the Slave
4. Press Connect
5. The Slaves should all appear under the Server List of the Master, and the Master should appear under the Server List of the Slave.
Confirm app version
- Go to Settings > System. Ensure that the app version number is exactly the same for each iPad.
- Press UPDATE APP VERSION to ensure you have the latest version of Abacus on each iPad.