In this article:
- Access Settings
- Update Abacus POS
- System Settings
- Sync Settings
- Master Sync Shortcut
- Device Options
Go to Settings to update your app, sync various settings, and access multiple configuration options within Abacus POS.
Only Admin and Manager user roles can access Settings.
When you open the Settings, you'll always land in the System Settings tab.
You'll be able to access different settings through each tab.
Update Abacus POS
Tap UPDATE APP VERSION when advised to update your version of Abacus POS.
At times, you may also be advised by the Support Team to download a new version of Abacus from a specific URL through your web browser.
Your POS settings are saved in two places:
- Locally on each iPad
- On the cloud, which the Abacus Support Team can access through the backend
To make sure that your settings are always stored on the cloud (so they can be accessed by your other iPads and the Support Team), press SAVE TO SERVER whenever you make changes to settings on your iPad.
To make sure that your other iPads have the right settings that you have saved, press GET SERVER SETTINGS.
You can also make your POS Skip System Settings in Master Sync by turning on this option in Device Options.
Prevent managers from changing settings
You can make sure that only admin roles can change settings by enabling setting B13. ONLY ALLOW ADMINS TO CHANGE SYSTEM SETTINGS
In the sync tab, you can sync everything from product variants to receipt templates.
Master Sync Shortcut
Press the refresh button at the top of the screen if you want to perform a Master sync, which syncs everything.
We recommend that you only perform a Master sync outside of service hours, as it may take several minutes.
You can also prompt a Master Sync on the backend (POS Settings > Master Sync):
- Tick the sites you want to sync (if you have a multi-site business, log into HQ and you will see multiple sites you can select)
- Click Master Sync
3. When your POS is online, it will see that there is a Master Sync pending from the backend.
When you see this icon pulsing, it means that an Admin has prompted a Master sync.
- Order Type: Select the default order type as either eat-in or takeaway
- Enable Log: Enable tracking to facilitate support (Note: do not enable this unless requested by support, as this will slow down performance)
- Label Printing Mode: Enable printing to a compatible label printer
- Self-Ordering Mode: Enable to let customers order using the Abacus POS application
- Locations: Select a location from which assigned stock will be taken