You will need to first set up the printing template, then set up the KDS printing.
Set up Completion Docket printing template
To create a Completion Docket printing template:
- Go to the backend's Print Settings > Printing Templates
- Click Add Template
- Under Subject, enter "KDS Printing Template"
- Set the Printing Location as the one you have set for your KDS
5. Under Template, copy and paste the following code exactly:
<center-align><font-large>Order No: [order_num]
Served by: [served_by]
<left-align>[item_list]<font-large>[item_quantity] x [item_name]</font-large><font-medium><invert-color>[item_note]</invert-color>[item_extras]</font-medium>[/item_list]
7. Perform a Master Sync on the POS, and when prompted, press Notify All. This means that your KDS will sync as well.
The KDS Printing Template will print whenever an order is bumped off on the KDS.
Set up on KDS
- Go to the Printers tab.
- Tap Discover. The KDS will discover printers which are on the same network.
- Tap the switch next to the printer name to enable its connection with the KDS.Note: Press Test Print to send a test message to all the printers that you have selected (i.e. those with the blue switch)
By tapping the arrows next to Number of Buzzes, you can set how many times the connected printer will buzz when it prints a completion docket.
Print Completion Docket
A docket will be printed when you:
- Press an item and press the printer icon
- Press the top of a docket and press the printer icon
It will also print when you complete an order, by ticking it off.