Table maps are created on the backend.
Using Table Maps
Press the Sync Tables button to get your latest table maps from the backend
The colour of each table represents the "status" of each table:
- White tables are available
- Red tables are activated, i.e. they have guests seated at them who have not ordered yet
- Purple tables have sent orders
- Blue tables have received their bill but have not yet paid
Tap 🔄 MASTER on the top right of the screen to sync the table status with the Master POS, in the case that you are using Table Maps on multiple iPads.
Taking orders for a table
- Press an available (white) table
- Select the number of guests dining in
- START ORDER if they are ready to order
- ACTIVATE TABLE if they are not ready to order. The table will turn red. When the table is eventually ready to order, tap the red table and then press LOAD ORDER
4. Take their order and press SEND5. The table will turn purple.
6. Press the purple table when they are ready to receive the bill
7. Press PRINT BILL
8. Press a blue table when they are to pay the bill
9. Press LOAD ORDER
10. Complete payment
Transfer an order
Press on a table and tap:
- TRANSFER ORDER to move the whole order to a different table
- TRANSFER ITEMS to select specific items to a different table
Takeaway and delivery orders
Tap TAKEAWAY or DELIVERY in the top right to create a takeaway or delivery order.
- Tap MERGE TABLES on the top right of the screen
- Select the tables you wish to merge (those you select will be orange)
- Tap DONE
4. The floor plan will now show the merged tables as activated and all with the same colour border.
5. Now you can create a shared order for these tables by simply tapping on any of them and loading the order to the Point of Sale screen.
If you wish to unmerge any tables, simply tap on one of the tables and then tap Undo Merge in the Edit Table pop up.
Note: If you have made an order for merged tables, you will lose that order when you undo the merge.
If you merge tables with different orders, the orders themselves will merge into one order shared between the tables.
Table Turn Report
How quickly are you turning tables?
Go to Reports > Staff > Table Turn Report to see how many tables are "turned" in a day. A "turn" period is measured from the time the table is activated, to the time they pay.