In this article:
- Getting started
- Basic Troubleshooting
Reference: SmartConnect Getting Started Guide
STEP ONE: Set up Smartpay as a payment method in Abacus POS
- In Abacus POS, go to Settings > Payments and enable Custom Payments
2. Scroll down to Smartpay Payment and tick it
3. Your Register Name (iPad name) and Business Name (company name) will be pre-populated.
STEP TWO: Get a pairing code
Power on your Smartpay terminal. If the terminal has not been paired previously it will display “terminal is not paired, pair it now?”
Note: the screen will display for 60 seconds before disappearing. Select YES and an 8-digit pairing code will display.
If you do not see this screen, you can get a pairing code by following these steps:
1. Press MENU
2. Select SERVICE MENU
3. Enter password (767833) and press ENTER
4. Select POS INTERFACE
5. Enter password (539723) and press ENTER
6. Select SMARTCONNECT
7. Select PAIR TO POS
8. You will get a new pairing code, enter pairing code in your POS pairing screen
STEP THREE: Enter the pairing code into Abacus POS
Enter the 8-digit pairing code next to Pairing Code and press PAIR.
How do I know if I have successfully paired?
On your Smartpay device, press 0 to display your paired register.
If connected, it should display the screen below.
1. Operator enters a sale in the Point of Sale and selects a payment method from the tender screen.
2. Terminal will prompt the customer to PRESENT or INSERT
3. Customer taps, inserts or swipes card
a. Insert or swipe – customer follows screen prompts to select account and enter PIN b. Tap – for transactions over $100 the customer will be prompted to enter their PIN
4. EFTPOS terminal displays an ACCEPTED or DECLINED result
5. Receipt will be offered (depending on receipt print/prompt settings)
6. Sale is closed on Point of Sale
1. Operator enters a refund in the Point of Sale and selects the refund method.
2. Payment terminal prompts for MERCHANT REFUND PIN
3. Swipe your MERCHANT REFUND PIN and press ENTER
4. Terminal will display refund amount and prompt the customer to PRESENT or INSERT
5. Customer taps, inserts or swipes card
a. Insert or swipe – customer follows screen prompts to select account and enter PIN
b. Tap – for transactions over $100 the customer will be prompted to enter their PIN
6. EFTPOS terminal displays an ACCEPTED or DECLINED result
7. Receipt will be offered (depending on receipt print/prompt settings)
8. Refund is shown on Point of Sale