In this article:
- How to resolve connection issues
- How to resolve printing issues
- How to resolve the menu not updating
- Modifying the skin for the Self-Ordering Kiosk
- How do I add a product photo?
- Self-Ordering Kiosk User Guide
How to resolve connection issues
If you see the error message: "Couldn't Connect to POS!", it means we need to restore the connection between your self-ordering kiosk and the Master POS.
- Check your local network. Your router and switch should all have green lights. If they do not, please contact our support team and we will be happy to assist.
- Check that your Master iPad is switched on and logged into the Abacus app
- Connect a keyboard and mouse to the self-ordering kiosk, or enable the Windows on-screen keyboard (Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard, and turn on the toggle under Use the On-Screen Keyboard.)
- Tap the cogwheel icon on the kiosk
- Enter your password. If you cannot remember it, contact our support team.
6. Check that your Master POS device address matches the Master POS IP Address input in the self-ordering kiosk.
7. Click Test POS Connection
8. If there is a connection, the message "Connected to POS successfully" will appear
9. You will also be able to see the Self-Ordering Kiosk on the Master POS, listed as a Table Ordering device.
This will match the self-ordering kiosk's device address in the System tab.
How to resolve printing issues
Kitchen printer not printing
If production dockets are not printing at your kitchen printer, but receipts are printing from your kiosk, there could be a connection issue between your self-ordering kiosk and the kitchen printer.
Follow our printer troubleshooting guide or get in touch with our support team via the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of this page!
Kiosk printer not printing
If the printer inside your self-ordering kiosk is not printing receipts, check to see whether it is connected at all.
- Go to Settings > Connection
- Click Test Printer.
- Take note of any error message that may appear, then get in touch with our support team who will be able to investigate further.
How to resolve the menu not updating
If you have made changes to your products (e.g. price adjustments, new products), you will need to sync the menu between the backend and the kiosk.
- On the backend, go to Online Ordering > Menu
- Click Save
3. On the kiosk, go to Settings > Connection > Sync Now
4. If your product is still not updating, contact our support team and we will help you out.