In this article:
- Adding dietary requirements
- Syncing dietary requirements
You can have dietary requirement filters on a range of Abacus ordering platforms:
- Table Ordering App
- Self-Ordering Kiosk
- Mobile App
- Web Online Ordering
This means that your customer can filter your menu so they only see the products that suit their dietary preferences/requirements. For example, they may be vegetarian, love chilli, but can't have garlic.
Adding dietary requirements
- For each product you want to flag, go to Product Details
2. Go to the Advanced tab.
3. Scroll down to Product Intolerance, Product Allergy, and Product Preference.
You'll be able to select one or more options for the following fields-
- Gluten Free
- No Eggs
- No Fish
- No Milk
- No Peanut
- No Sesame
- No Shellfish
- No Soy
- No Tree Nuts
- No Wheat
- No Garlic
- No Onions
- Lactose Free
- No Added Sugar
- No MSG
- No Pork
Then click Save.
4. Repeat for your other products.
If you're an expert with CSV files, you can alternatively apply these dietary filters to multiple products with your "Products" CSV import.
NOTE: You must include the text exactly as it is written above for the CSV import to work (e.g. "No Added Sugar" instead of "no sugar"). Separate multiple options with a semi-colon (;).
Syncing dietary requirements
Online Ordering and Mobile App
- Go back to your Online Ordering Menu and Save.
2. The dietary filters will appear in your online ordering menu.
- On the backend, go to the Online Ordering Menu and Save
- Go the kiosk, go to Settings > Connection and Sync Now
- The dietary filters will appear in your kiosk menu
- On the backend, go to iPad Menu > Table Ordering Menu
- Click Publish
- On your master POS, go to Settings > Sync > Sync all products and extras from backend
- The Table Ordering app will automatically sync
On the table ordering app, you can also go to Settings, then under Sync Data > Products and Menus, tap SYNC.