If your customers request a reservation online, you can impose a deposit for guest counts over a certain number, e.g. $5 per person for reservations of 15 people and more.
This deposit will be taken as soon as a customer places the request for their reservation.
Set up deposits
- Go to Reservations > Reservation Sessions
- Scroll down to Deposit
- Enter the Minimum Guest To Charge Deposit.
- Enter the required Deposit per Guest. Alternatively, you could fill in a Deposit per Reservation if you want the deposit amount to be the same regardless of the number of guests.
- Click Save.
When placing a reservation online, your customer will be prompted to enter their card details for any reservation that requires a deposit.
View deposits on POS
The deposit will be applied to the order so the amount owing is a negative figure.
- Tap the coin icon to view the deposit amount.
2. The total figure will automatically update as the order is taken.
NOTE: The total order amount must eventually equal or exceed the deposit amount for the transaction to be completed.