In this article:
- What's a coupon?
- Add a coupon
- Add multiple coupons
- Coupon history
- Applying coupons on mobile
What's a coupon?
In the Abacus system, a "coupon" is a set discount that can be applied to any order at any time (unless you create conditions for it). It's designed for situations where you might have printed out $5 coupons to celebrate your store's birthday, for example. A coupon will appear in the Discounts popup on Abacus POS.
When you press that "coupon", the discount will be applied to the order.
Coupons must be set up on the backend.
Go to Sales > Coupons to manage coupons.
Add a coupon
- Click Add Coupon
2. Enter the coupon name and code
3. A coupon can offer either a percentage discount or a dollar discount (flat amount). Choose one of the following:
- Enter a Percentage Value (eg. enter 25 here for 25% off)
- Enter the Free Dollar offered (eg. enter 25 here for $25 off)
4. (OPTIONAL) Fill in any coupon conditions (see "Coupon Conditions" below)
5. Click Sync Coupons
6. Sync modifiers on the POS
At a bare minimum, you only need to fill in the coupon name, code, and either a percentage value or free dollar.
However, a coupon can have several conditions. Fill in the other columns to create conditions:
- Product: Valid for this product
- Coupon access: Valid only when an Admin, Manager, or Staff role is logged in (click to select)
- Category: Valid for one or more select categories (click to select) (Compatible with percentage discounts only)
- Expiry date: Valid only until the specified date (click to select)
Add multiple coupons
- Click Generate Coupons
- Enter the number of coupons, free amount OR discount percentage, and expiry date.
- Click Save
- Click Sync Coupons
- Perform a Master Sync on the POS
Go to Sales > Coupon History to view the usage details of each coupon, and their corresponding invoice.
You can export the coupon history as a CSV file by clicking Export.
In the Invoice column of the table (to the far right), click on an invoice number to go to the corresponding invoice for the coupon used.
Redeeming coupons on mobile
If you have a customer mobile app, your customers may be able to redeem a coupon when they finalise their order. For mobile redemption, you can use a QR Code for your coupon.
- Go to any online QR code generator and create a QR Code for the Coupon Code
2. When your customer is finalising their transaction, they can can press the QR Code icon, scan it, then press Apply. They can also manually enter the alphanumeric coupon code.