What's a credit account?
When completing a sale, you have the option of paying by store credit account. This means that the amount is stored as an owing payment in the customer's name.
All credit accounts need to be set up in the backend.
Managing credit accounts
Go to Sales > Credit Account to manage customer credit accounts for your store.
You can filter the credit account list by name, customer, and balance range. To reset the filters, click Reset.
If an account is Active, it will show on the POS.
Creating a new credit account
- Click New Credit Account
- Enter the Name of the credit account, and their Password. Each credit account must have a password that the credit account holder will know, so when they claim to put a sale on that credit account, your staff can verify their access to the account.
- (OPTIONAL) If your credit account holder is an existing customer, you can link the customer record to the credit account. (You will need to have created the customer already in the Customers page)
- (OPTIONAL) You can create a maximum credit allowance (overall limit) and a maximum transaction allowance (limit per transaction) to restrict the credit account. The Note is for your personal reference; it does not appear on the POS.
- Click Save
Any purchases made with this credit account will show in the Transactions section of this page. Under the Invoice column, you can click on an invoice number to go to the corresponding invoice.
Credit accounts on the POS
When your customer wants to put a sale on store credit:
- Create your order, and press PAY
- Tap Options > Credit Account
3. Select your customer's credit account
4. A password will appear. Ask them for their credit account password (set on the backend). If it's correct, press YES.
5. The sale will be accepted. Press COMPLETE SALE.
When your customer wants to pay for/top up their credit account:
- Go to Top up account
2. Select your customer's credit account. A negative balance shows how much they have owe; a positive balance shows how much they have left to use.
3. Enter the Top Up Amount using the keypad
4. Select the method of payment, e.g. cash, credit card
5. The balance will update accordingly
Credit account transactions
On the backend, go to Sales > Credit Account Transactions to see the full list of transactions of any credit account. You can filter the credit account transaction list by price range, date range, credit account, payment method, transaction type, and whether the transaction invoice is paid/unpaid/deleted.
Note: Remember that you can always view a particular credit account's transactions by accessing its details page.
Click an invoice number to view the corresponding invoice.
Send Tax Invoices
If you want to send e-mails to all of your credit accounts, make sure each credit account is linked to a customer with an email address. Then, on the Credit Accounts page, click Create Tax Invoice Statement.
A tax invoice will automatically be generated and sent to all the customers with credit accounts.
Add note to tax invoices
Click Settings and enter an Invoice Note then Save.
A note must only be a single line of text.
This will appear in your Tax Invoices like so:
Export credit account transactions
To export the sales report CSV file for all credit account transactions matching the filters you have set, click Export in the Credit Account Transactions page.
See total balance for credit accounts
- In the POS app, you can see the total balance due by going to Top Up Account screen
- In the backend, you can see the total balance due by going to Sales > Credit Accounts