Instead of adding information one entry at a time, you can import information in bulk by using a CSV file.
Note: Bulk imports can lead to serious problems if not performed properly; please only perform a bulk import on the advice of an Abacus Support member. We recommend only users with advanced spreadsheet knowledge to use this feature.
- Go to POS > POS Settings > Bulk Import
2. Under Import, select the kind of information you want to import
3. Click Download a sample CSV file for reference to retrieve the correct template
4. Fill in the template according to your own needs
5. Click Select CSV File. Choose the CSV file you have edited.
6. Click Import.
Bulk importing product images
You can't bulk import product images using the standard product import procedure above. You'll need to import product images separately.
- On your computer, create a folder for every product that you want to upload an image for. Call each folder the Product Code of the corresponding product.
2. Add a product image into every folder. The name can be anything.
Product images must be .jpg or .png files, with dimensions 861 × 600 px
3. Zip all the folders into a zip file (.zip) as shown in the screenshots below.
4. On the Abacus backend, under Product Images, click Select Files and upload the .zip folder.
5. Perform a Menu Sync on your Abacus POS, and the images will appear!
Bulk importing product variant images
To bulk import product variant group images, click SELECT FILES under Product Variant Group Images. Zip all the images into a zip file (.zip) prior to upload. There should be no folders in the zip file, only image files. Make sure image names, including extensions (.jpg, .png), match exactly as they are written in the "Value Images" column of the product variants CSV file.
Photos must be uploaded as .jpg or .png files, with dimensions 861 × 600 px