In this article:
- How to view your order history
- How to sync your orders
- How to refund an order
- How to change permissions for refunds
- How to pre-populate reasons for refunds
How to View your Order History
Dropdown the Navigation Menu and select Orders History
- The Orders History screen displays all the orders that were paid for on the current day
- Each order will be kept on the POS for one month
- If there is internet connection, the orders will automatically sync to the server, marking the order with the green synchronisation symbol
- Orders that were made from other POS devices on the network will be displayed on a grey background
- Tap an order and it will be expanded to show which items were on that order.
2. Swipe left on an order to access the order history options: print bill, print receipt, refund, and delete.
How to sync your orders
- Ensure that you have an internet connection
- Press Push Orders to Server
How to refund an order
In Abacus POS 2.8.16 and newer:
- Tap Refund
2. Select the items to be refunded (or Select All)
3. Select the payment method (Cash or Card): note that you cannot refund a cash payment to a credit card.
4. Select the reason for the refund
5. The amount refunded will appear with the tender type.
In Abacus version 2.8.19 and older, the tender refunded will display greyed out without the "refunded" text.
If you are using an older version of Abacus (2.6.15 or older), you will need to select the refund reason first, then the items, and then the payment method. After a successful refund, your refunded items will display instead of the tender type (cash/card).
If the order was made online, a confirmation email will send to your customer with the refund reason you added.
Tips and surcharges are not refundable.
How to change permissions for refunds
Go to Settings and enable Setting A33. FORBID STAFF TO REFUND ORDER, so only managers and admin users can refund orders.
How to pre-populate reasons for refunds
A reason can be manually typed for reasons, but you can also create custom reasons that will be available whenever a refund is performed.
- On the backend, go to POS Settings > Refund Reasons.
On the POS, you can also turn on Setting A51. PREVENT STAFF FROM MANUALLY ENTERING REASONS (REASONS/DISCOUNTS/VOIDS) so they have to select a reason you have made.