Abacus allows you to to create your own electronic marketing campaign through the use of e-mail and SMS.
Firstly you need to ensure that your customers are subscribed to emails and/or SMS campaigns before importing them to into Abacus Campaigns.
- Access Customers (via Loyalty Marketing).
2. For the customers you wish to include in your campaign, you will need to ensure that there is an email address/mobile number attached to their profile. To do this, click the edit button and fill in the relevant sections. Alternatively, add a new customer.
Note: Even if a customer will not be part of an email campaign, it is always beneficial to have their emails for future reference.
3. Tick Campaign Email and/or Campaign SMS, depending on how you wish to subscribe the contact.
4. Make sure to Save.
Tagging contacts can help to designate particular campaigns to specific customers, e.g. VIP customers, prospective customers, etc.
- Go into Tags
2. Click Add New Tag
3. Insert the name of your tag.
Applying a Tag to a Customer Profile
- Access Customers (via Loyalty Marketing)
- Identify your chosen customer profile and click the pencil button.
- Find the Tags heading, and in the area provided select the appropriate tag.
- Click Save.
Once you have subscribed your customer contact, you can now synchronise them to Abacus Campaigns.
Step 1. Access Email & SMS Campaigns (via Loyalty Marketing).
Step 2. Click Sync Contacts. A green banner will appear when synchronisation has been successful.
Step 1. Go to Email & SMS Campaigns (via Loyalty Marketing).
Step 2. Click Go to Campaigns. This will redirect you to http://campaign.abacus.co, where you can log in using the details Abacus has provided for you.
- You will find yourself on your Dashboard, which you can consider the central hub.
- Your number of contacts, open/click rates and campaigns will be displayed as you scroll down.
- Click Create a New Campaign under the Email Campaigns section.
- Enter your:
- Campaign Name - These are only visible by you, to help you keep track of your campaigns.
- Subject Line - This is the title of your email, and will be the first thing recipients will see in their inbox e.g. “Final Days: 25% off”.
- From Email - Select the email address that you wish to use as the sender of your emails.
- From Name - This name will appear in recipients’ inbox to help them identify the sender.
2. To access more options, click Show Advanced Options
From here you can customise:
- Reply-To Email Address - Redirect recipient replies to another email address.
- The ‘To’ Field - Personalise the ‘To’ field with contact attributes.
- UTM Campaign Value - Activating Google Analytics in your settings will allow you to include a UTM value to allow Google Analytics to track your campaign.
- Default Header - You can add a custom header here.
- Default Footer - You can add a customer footer here.
- Unsubscribe Page - Choose from the default or create your own.
- Attachments - Choose files to attach to your email
- Determine whether you want to embed images in your emails
- Mirror Link - Enable to allow recipients to view the campaign from their browser (e.g. if there's an issue with an email, it will say "Can't view this email properly? Click here to open in a new window".)
- Dedicated IP Warm-up - Set automated quotas and daily increases. This is useful if you are sending from a new email address, because it prevents it from sending out hundreds of emails at once and being detected as spam.
3. Once you are happy with your setup, click Next Step.
4. Enter the Design phase.
5. Here you can select to design your email through either:
- Drag & Drop Editor
- Rich Text Editor
It is recommended that you do not use the text editor to modify your HTML, as it may alter email appearance in undesired ways.
- Paste your Code
*Additionally, you can choose to use your own templates or predesigned templates if you don’t wish to start from scratch.
6. Once you are satisfied, click Save & Quit. You will then be presented with the preview of the email and you have the option to send a test email to view on your mobile or tablet device.
7. Click Next Step and you will be taken to the Recipients page. Here you can select the particular list of contacts you wish to send this campaign to. Additionally, you can choose to filter the selected lists further by ticking ‘Apply filters on the selected lists’ and selecting the options in the drop down list.
8. Click Next once you’re happy with your recipient list and you will be taken to the Confirmation page. You will get an overview of the Setup, Design and Recipients, and you may return back to any of these stages if any additional changes are required.
9. Once the email is complete, click Schedule to determine when you wish the email to send.
10: Once your email campaign has taken off, you can view its progress back on your Dashboard. To view the rest of your campaigns, click on the Campaigns tab (via Email on the left panel).