In this article:
When putting through an order, you can:
Add a one-off customer name to dockets so you know whose name to call out for each order.
Register the customer so you can track their order history and, if you have the Abacus Loyalty Marketing module, reward them through your own customised points system.
Add a customer name to an order
One-off customer names will appear on order dockets and in the invoice description, but will not be registered in your customer database.
To add a one-off customer name:
Tap ORDER DETAILS.
2. Enter the Customer Name.
3. Tap DONE.
Register a new customer
Register on the POS
To register a customer to your database (and loyalty program, if you are subscribed):
Tap NEW CUSTOMER.
2. A form will appear. Enter their:
3. (OPTIONAL) Tick Print a temporary member card if you want to instantly print the QR code that is linked to their account (see this article section).
4. Tap REGISTER.
The customer's name will appear at the bottom of the order.
Register on the backend
You can also register a customer on the backend.
Go to Customers > Database.
2. Click New Customer.
3. Enter their:
Enter any other information you want to keep track of.
3. Click Save.
Add an existing customer to an order
Tap the Customer field to search for the existing customer.
Use QR Codes for customers
Print temporary membership cards
To register a new customer, tick Print a temporary member card, and tap REGISTER. A QR code will print.
For existing customers, tap PRINT CARD.
The POS printer will print out a temporary card that your customer can use before you supply them with a proper membership card.
Scan in customers
If you have previously printed out the QR code for the customer when registering them on the POS, you can press the barcode icon at the top of the screen, and scan it in.
Create QR codes ready for new customers
If you want to prepare QR codes (e.g. as plastic cards) before actually registering customers, you can create "unregistered" customers, i.e. empty customer listings with pre-defined QR codes, so you can scan a new customer in and give them the pre-made QR code.
On the backend, go to Customers > Database.
2. Click Generate Unregistered Customer.
3. Select how many unregistered customers you want to create. This is the number of blank QR code templates ready for you to scan in and sign up any customer. Then, click Generate.
3. A csv file will download with:
For these to be used in future transactions, they need to be attached to QR codes.
Create the QR code
Both registered and unregistered customers can have their member code linked to a QR code.
Go to your preferred online QR code generator.
Ensure that the 'Text' option is selected.
Enter the customer’s member code, preceded by a semi-colon (;) and no spaces (e.g. ;2018814).
Member codes for already registered customers can be found on the Customers page (via Loyalty Marketing).
Member codes for unregistered customers can be found in the CSV file downloaded earlier when clicking Generate Unregistered Customer.
4. Download the QR code thus generated. Remember that it must start with an @ symbol – you can confirm that it is configured the right way by using Google Lens on your phone, which will show you what the QR code stands for.
5. Repeat for each member code.
Note: only one customer can be paired with each individual QR code.
6. Using a third-party company, have the QR codes printed on a membership card or emailed to your customers.
7. On your POS register, tap the barcode icon to launch the iPad’s camera. This will allow you to scan the code and load the accompanying customer profile. This can also be done by connecting a scanner to the iPad.
Note: Provided your POS has internet connection, customers can be scanned straight away without a sync.