In order to use Table Maps, you need to have created them on the backend.
- Go to POS Settings > Table Maps
2. The Index column controls the order in which the maps appear in the app screen. Click in the cells in this column to enter the index number for that map. E.g. The map with index 0 will appear first, index 1 will appear second, etc.
At the right of each listing are buttons:
- Eye button: Preview a table map without editing it
- Pages button: Duplicate an existing table map
- Pencil button: Edit an existing table map
3. If you already have a table map you want to edit, click the pencil button.
If you do not yet have a table map, click Add new map. This will add a blank line to the list where you can click in the cells to fill in the name of your table map (as you may have more than one). To design the floor plan of the map, you will need to edit the table map.
4. This is your table map design page.
- To change the dimensions of the map, adjust the length and width values in the top right of the page and click Update
- To add objects to the map, drag them down from the top of the page. Alternatively, you can right click inside the map and choose an object from the list that appears.
- To transform an object in the map, click on the border of the object to select it. This will enable the editing sidebar on the left. Any adjustments you make in the editing sidebar are saved automatically, but they won't be visible until you deselect the table (by either clicking Set As Table or by clicking away from the table)
- When you select a table, its details will be shown on the left hand side of the screen. The number of seats will affect how many places are available for reservations.
- To duplicate an object, select the object, then right click where you want to copy it to, and then click Duplicate
- To delete an object (such as a table), select it, and then click Delete in the editing sidebar. IMPORTANT: Be careful not to click the Delete button at the top of the page instead, because that will delete the entire table map. Deleted table maps are unrecoverable.
Using Table Maps
Press the Sync Tables button to get your latest table maps from the backend
The colour of each table represents the "status" of each table:
- White tables are available
- Red tables are activated, i.e. they have guests seated at them who have not ordered yet
- Purple tables have sent orders
- Blue tables have received their bill but have not yet paid
Tap 🔄 MASTER on the top right of the screen to sync the table status with the Master POS, in the case that you are using Table Maps on multiple iPads.
Taking orders for a table
- Press an available (white) table
- Select the number of guests dining in
- START ORDER if they are ready to order
- ACTIVATE TABLE if they are not ready to order. The table will turn red. When the table is eventually ready to order, tap the red table and then press LOAD ORDER
4. Take their order and press SEND
5. The table will turn purple.
6. Press the purple table when they are ready to receive the bill
7. Press PRINT BILL
8. Press a blue table when they are to pay the bill
9. Press LOAD ORDER
10. Complete payment
Transfer an order
Press on a table and tap:
- TRANSFER ORDER to move the whole order to a different table
- TRANSFER ITEMS to select specific items to a different table
Takeaway and delivery orders
Tap TAKEAWAY or DELIVERY in the top right to create a takeaway or delivery order.
- Tap MERGE TABLES on the top right of the screen
- Select the tables you wish to merge (those you select will be orange)
- Tap DONE
4. The floor plan will now show the merged tables as activated and all with the same colour border.
5. Now you can create a shared order for these tables by simply tapping on any of them and loading the order to the Point of Sale screen.
If you wish to unmerge any tables, simply tap on one of the tables and then tap Undo Merge in the Edit Table pop up.
Note: If you have made an order for merged tables, you will lose that order when you undo the merge.
If you merge tables with different orders, the orders themselves will merge into one order shared between the tables.