In this article:
- Add new products
- Edit product details
- Delete a product
- Unpublish a product
To view your product list, go to POS > Products > Products.
You can filter the product list by name, code, status, type, category and printer location.
Add new products
Basic product setup
If your product needs are basic:
- Go to Products > Products
- Click Quick Add
3. Fill in the details:
- Product Code - a unique alphanumeric code
- Name - the product's name
- Printer Locations (if you have more than one printer)
- Published - Yes
- Taxable - Yes/No
- Category - set up in Products > Categories
4. (Hospitality only) Add the product to your Menu and Publish
5. On your Master POS, perform a Master Sync.
Advanced Product Setup
If you require a more advanced setup, you need to go to the Add Product page.
- Click Products > Add Product from the navigation menu
Alternatively, go to Products > Products and click New Product. It will go to the same Add Product page.
2. In the Add Product page, enter the Product Code and Product Name
3. Click Save
As soon as you save, the page heading will change from "Add Product" to "Product Details".
4. Set the printer location (if you have more than one printer)
5. (OPTIONAL) Upload a Product Photo to appear on the POS
.png or .jpg images should be uploaded. Recommended dimensions: W 861px x H 600px
6. Under Price, enter the price. If you have marked it as taxable, the price excluding tax will be calculated automatically, based on the currency selected.
7. Under Product Category, select the category to which this product belongs.
8. After making any changes, always click Save
Edit product details
If you only wish to edit the most basic product info, you can click in any cell in the product list to edit its contents.
If you wish to edit more detailed product info, click the Edit (pencil) button to the right of a product to go to its product detail page. If you make any changes in the product detail page, make sure you click Save.
If you wish to edit multiple products at once, select the products to be edited (by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the products) and then click Settings.
Please note that you can only apply changes to one page of products at a time.
This will bring up a popup window where you can manage multiple configurations, options and multi pricing for all the ticked products.
Delete a product
- Select the products to be deleted (by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the products)
- Click the Delete button at the top of the page
- Go to the Menu
- Delete the product from the Menu
Recover a deleted product
- Change the Product Status filter to "Deleted"
2. Go to the Product Details of your deleted product
3. Click Recover
4. Go to your Menu and delete the product again
A product is not fully wiped from your Products database because it needs to be linked to its past sales reports.
Unpublish a product
When you create a product, it is automatically published. This means it's available to put on an iPad meun. If you wish to unpublish a product:
- Go into the product details (by clicking the pencil button)
- Click Unpublish
The button will then turn into a Publish button.