Before you continue, make sure you've read About Gift Cards and Vouchers to make sure that this is the kind of method you with to use for your vouchers/gift cards.
Create your voucher or gift card
- Go to the POS > Products > Add Product
2. Set the Product Name, Product Code and Price of the gift card/voucher.
Note: do not set a printer location for your gift card.
3. Under Price, tick Is Voucher.
4. Click Save
5. Upload a Product Photo, then save again.
Note: The Product Photo will be print above the QR Code every time that product is purchased.
Now make sure it shows up on your receipts!
- Go to iPad Menu > POS Menu and add the product to the menu. Click Publish.
2. Go to POS > Print Settings > Printing Templates.
3. Click the Edit (pencil) button in the Invoice Receipt listing.
4. Add the voucher placeholder [have_voucher] at the bottom of the template.
5. Click Save.
6. On the POS, go to Settings > Sync and Sync Receipt Templates.
Using the Voucher/Gift Card function on the POS
- Sync the menu.
2. Select the voucher/gift card product.
3. Click Auto Generate.
4. Select whether you want the item to be a gift card (multiple-use) or a voucher (single-use). Ensure that Print Copy is turned on for it to print.
5. (Optional) Modify the expiry date and amount.
Note: By default, the expiry date will be set for 1 year after the transaction and the amount will be based on the product price.
IMPORTANT: Modifying the amount will only change the amount contained within the voucher, but not the price of the voucher. Eg. If you have a $50 gift card, you can change the amount to $60, so the customer will only pay $50, but it is worth $60.
6. Press Done. A code will be attached to the item.
7. Press Pay. When the transaction is complete, the voucher/gift card will be automatically printed at the bottom of the receipt.
Paying with a Voucher/Gift Card
Ensure that Scan for Voucher Mode is enabled in Settings.
- Add your items to the order, then press Pay.
2. For Gift cards: press OPTIONS beneath the number pad and select GIFT CARD.
For vouchers: press VOUCHER beneath the number pad.
3. Use the iPad camera to scan the QR code of the voucher/gift card. It will display on the screen as indicated below.
Alternatively, tap Enter Code to manually input the code under 'Gift Card Number'.
4. Review the voucher/gift card information and press Done.
For gift cards:
- Tick Maximum if the customer wishes to use all of its remaining value in a transaction. If the customer wishes to use only a portion of the Gift Card’s value, untick it and you will be prompted to insert the desired amount.
5. Settle any leftover payment as per normal and COMPLETE SALE.
Note: A gift card and a voucher can be combined to make a payment, but a gift card cannot be combined with a gift card, and a voucher cannot be combined with a voucher.
You'll be able to monitor all of your gift cards and vouchers on the Vouchers and Gift Cards page on the backend.
Code: The identifier for the gift card or voucher, which is generated on the POS
Product: Irrelevant for this automatic method of creating gift cards. When you manually create gift cards, they must be attached to a "gift card" product
Amount: The cash initially loaded on the card
Balance: The cash remaining on the card (gift cards only)
Discount %: The discount yielded (voucher only)
Expiry: After this date, the voucher/gift card cannot be used
Created On: The date the voucher/gift card was created
Voucher Type: Voucher (single use) or gift card (multiple use)
Used: Yes/No (voucher only)
Active: Yes/No. Vouchers and gift cards created automatically via the method above will be active.