There may be several reasons why your printer is not working.
If Abacus POS is unable to send an order to a printer, the printer icon will light up with the number of banked up print tasks.
Note: The icon will not blink if you have not set up printing in the first place, i.e. if you do not set a printer location for a product, or if you have not "enabled" a printer connection.
If your printing has worked before, and you have made no changes:
If you may have made changes to your menu, please ensure that:
✅ The right printer locations are assigned to your products.
Edit your Menu to assign a printer location to your product.
If you may have made changes to your settings:
- Ensure that the printer has been discovered on your Master.Discovered printers will be listed in your Printer List with a green tick symbol.
- Ensure that the printer has been selected on your Master.Selected printers will have the switch toggled on to blue.
3. Swipe left on a printer and press SETTINGS.
4. Press PRINT.
If your connection is working, you will receive a test print from your printer.
5. Ensure that the right printer locations are assigned to your printer.
Tap to tick a printer location.
6. Go to your Abacus System Settings. Ensure that you have Printer/Receipts enabled for your workflow:
C1. PRINT ORDER DOCKET UPON PAYMENT COMPLETE
C3. PRINTER ORDER DOCKET UPON HOLD ORDER
C13. PRINT TRANSFER NOTICE
C14. PRINT CANCEL NOTICE
Further things to check:
✔️ The printer is Set As Default
If a docket fails to print at another printer, it will redirect to your POS Counter printer. If your POS Counter printer cannot be reached, it will then go to your Default printer.
✔️ The items in question have not already been held before
Items that have already been held will have a light grey background, and will not be automatically printed upon a subsequent holding.
✔️ There are not any other printing tasks blocking the queue
Press the printer icon, then Print Tasks (X). "X" designates the number of printing tasks that are in the queue, usually tasks that have failed.
Delete the printing tasks in the queue. If you have connected to another working printer, you can alternatively press Resume to redirect the printing tasks to that printer.
If you still need assistance, contact our support team.